Our Manufacturing Process
Different stages in a Black CTC teas factory processing.
Green Leaf at Centres
Offloading at Factory
Green leaf received at the factory, offloaded from trucks and taken into withering section
Green leaf spread on troughs
- Hot air applied to hasten withering process
- Takes 8 -16hrs
- Target is reduction of leaf moisture content to below 70%
Rotorvane & CTC Section
The withered leaf is macerated by the rotorvane then cut by the CTC machines.
Installed with Continuous Fermentation Units (CFU). Leaf color changes from green to copperly bright.
- Reduces Moisture content to below 5%
- Achieves the black tea
- Pre-sorters – removes fibres
- Winnower extracts fluff
- Final sorters – Sort the teas to different grades i.e BP1, PF1, PD, DUST1, DUST.
Bulking And Parking
Packing/ Bulking And Despatch.